Recently I had a handbag downsize episode. I’ve always been a big bag kinda gal; from my gigantic Nike rucksack back in Junior school that made me look like a tortoise, to my Kookai over-the-shoulder bag in Seniors (anyone else’s school have that phase too?) to my Aldo tote in Sixth Form – I like to have the option to pack in the kitchen sink. You know, just incase. But with back pain occurences becoming all the more frequent I thought it was time to put down the Zara City Bag for a while and lug around something a little lighter. I went for this cream leather option in the end. Cream leather – what was I thinking? And though it may be dinkier than the rest of my collection I still stuff it to the brim with makeup. I pack from a ‘worst case scenario’ perspective. Maybe I’ll have to stay round a mates for the night and have to start from scratch in the morning, or perhaps I’ll sweat all my makeup off on the tube and need to do a reapplication upon my arrival at my destination (the latter is a much more frequent event). So here are the 10 products that I bring along for the ride:
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl – a minuscule tube of the glow giving tint. The high-shine finish means it comes in handy for highlighting duties too.
- YSL Touche Eclat in 2.5 – I never use this when I get ready in the mornings, but when I’m out and about I go click crazy with this. Under my eyes, over my cheekbones, to cover up redness. Everything.
- MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink – my complexion perker-upper for on-the-go that can be dabbed and blended on with fingers in a matter of seconds. And it look rather fabulous on the lips.
- CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in No.20 – added to the bag mainly for its mirror that it houses; it also comes in handy to matte things out a little if things start to get too sheeny. But it does so without the cake.
- A Teeny Tiny Spoolie – a girl got to have something to keep their werewolf brows in check and this is my weapon of choice.
- Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Stone Slate – the day-to-night makeup clincher. I use this bronzed shimmer shade on my lashlines for a bit of definition or blended over my lids for some full on smoke in the evenings.
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Waterproof Mascara – I carry this tube of mascara around with me for the simple fact that it layers over pre-lacquered lashes perfectly without ever looking clumpy or OTT.
- Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips – added into the bag for miniature size. Plus, I like the fact I can dispense this directly onto my lips without having to scoop my finger into the product.
- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 – what is cuter than a makeup mini? Nothing. A lipgloss and balm in one, it’s an essential to carry around at least more than one lip product.
- Stella EDP Rollerball – one of my favourite perfumes is now in my possession in rollerball form, hell yes.Â Fresh, feminine and floral without being too prissy.
A handful of products that don’t weigh my bag down too much and are good to have around. You know, just incase.