If you were a regular round these parts at this time last year then you probably remember my ‘Holiday Beauty Packing’ series that I harped on about during summer season. Well, I thought I’d just touch on it again for any new VDM’ers out there (hello and thanks for having a read!) and as a little refresher for any of you who are heading away anytime soon. It was a five part shindig with pointers for everyone whether you’re heading to a beach, city, festival or campsite. I even made little print-off PDF checklists for you. And though I haven’t got anything new to add video-wise this year I thought I’d drop in some extra advice that’s arisen my own travels this year:
– Take a mini roll of sellotape with you and tape down all flip top lids as at some point during travelling one will explode and completely cover all surrounding products in hair conditioner and ruin the bag you’ve stored it in. I’m speaking from experience here.
– Don’t overpack your hand luggage with cosmetics unless you’re on a long haul flight and really are going to take advantage of that mini in-flight facial routine that you’ve managed squished in. Keep it to the essentials you’d need if your checked luggage was to be delayed at the other end.
– Always take a flannel with you. The amount of times I’ve been caught out with this one convinced that the hotel at the other end will have me covered, which usually ends up in me using a sopping wet hand towel to remove my cleanser every AM and PM. Buy the cheapest pack you can so if you have to leave a damp one there the morning of check-out it isn’t too heartbreaking.
– Earplugs will be your best friend. Pack a pair in your hand luggage, a pair in your case and stick another lot in just for good luck. Holidays are about being well rested after all – am I right?
– While it’s easy to get caught up planning your perfect holiday beauty edit, don’t forget the essentials: toothbrush, toothpaste, a hairband or two, cotton wool and buds, tweezers, deodorant etc, etc – you know the drill.
So check out the playlists with all the videos here (PDF’s in the description box). Happy packing and safe travels!