It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty, fashion and everything in between from the past seven days. All edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away…
1. A Weekly Vlog!? I mentioned this on Twitter last week, but there’s a new Weekly Vlog in the works that won’t be up until the week after next, but hey – it’s coming! I actually really enjoyed lugging my camera around even though the week that I filmed was pretty uneventful. Expect lots of cooking, sweating and purple dressing gown wearing action oh and a wine tasting where things got unsurprisingly tipsy.
2. My New MAC Quad. I had a real clear out of my eyeshadows recently. Like a proper one where I swatched every single colour, worked out what was a dupe of what, then kept the superior texture and distributed the rest between friends and family. It’s leaned things out dramatically and I now have just four MAC Eyeshadows – All That Glitters, Sable, Soba and Antiqued. Texture was a close-call, but there was a shade in the ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette that was creamier in formula and exactly the same shade. Let me know if you’d like to see a post on the deats of what stayed and went.
3. Two New Books. You guys know I love a good healthy recipe read and a few weeks back I picked up two new ones – Lean in 15 by Joe Wicks and The Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel. Both I would highly recommend. Lots to get your teeth into reading-wise and recipe-wise and the things I’ve tried so far from both books have been rather delicious if I say so myself *pats self on back*.
4. NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint. Now this is a weird one. Being a product that markets itself as matte I wasn’t too sure how I’d get on with it, but due to the constant ravings of beauty gals and guys, I finally gave into a purchase. Surprisingly I’m actually enjoying using this. It’s nowhere near as matte as I assumed given the name and is making for a nice everyday base option. I’ll pop up a full review next week.
5. Taking Time Out. One of my New Year’s resolutions that I was slacking on was my promise to take more time out. Basically to chill and stop looking down on my phone all the time. I can’t say I’ve made heaps of progress on this one, but recently I’ve been trying to have more of a lunch-break and whether it’s doing a bit of Yoga with Adriene at home or strolling down the beach for a spot of people watching, it’s kinda working wonders. Whatever I do, I’m finding that an hour of phone-free time in the middle of the day is good for the brain (not so much for my email load, eh?).