It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty, fashion and everything in between from the past seven days. All edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away…
1. Happy Galentine’s Day! This one goes out to all my fellow fans of Parks & Rec. I’m taking Leslie Knope’s 13th February holiday very seriously this year and am heading up to London for a reunion with my old uni housemates. I won’t be taking mosaic self-portraits I’ve made for them out of cans of their favourite drinks, but it should be a nice afternoon. I tried to find a suitable picture of us all to share with the internet world but not wanting to embarrass anyone I thought I’d share a picture of just myself in a VK-fuelled state.
2. Why Cleaning Your Brushes RULES. Doesn’t it just feel the best? It might be a pain in the balls, but there’s nothing quite like waking up on a Monday, getting ready to apply your makeup and then remembering that you washed all your brushes last night and they’re all fresh and ready to go. My preferred method is using some kind of bar soap formula, just because I find that’s what cleans them up the best. Right now I’m using the Lottie London Soap Star Brush Cleanser, which is a bit of a bargain and works just as well as the BeautyBlender one.
3. The Chocolate Fudge Ball Recipe. I’ve spent the week experimenting with energy ball recipes, trying to find something that was a little lower in fat and sugar than what I usually make, but higher in protein. After a few batches of trail and error I found it and whilst I was trying to make something that tasted like peanut butter, I’ve ended up with this delicious mixture that tastes of fudge. Ah man – it’s good. I’ll share the recipe ASAP.
4. Hourglass Strobing Powders – Thumbs Up. I made a purchase of the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Brilliant Strobe and I’m pleased to report that it’s a bit of a stunner. On first swatch the formula seems a little glitter heavy, but when it melts into the skin it just leaves a glow that’s more noticeable than the Ambient Lighting Powders, but more subtle than your usual highlighters; making it a great everyday cheek sheen or setting powder for when you’re feeling really lacklustre.
5. A Fitness & Foodie Q&A. A few weeks ago I asked for your food and fitness related questions on Twitter and have no fear because it’s dropping next week. It’s taken me yonks to put together as I wanted to insert lots of clips and cutaways to make things a little exciting, so I’d love to hear what you think about it when it drops. It also features a tonne of footage of me looking all serene and sweat-free at the gym (NAWT).