It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days (with a bit of fitness thrown in for good measure). Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Back to blue. So last week we had red and this time I’ve gone back to blue. While I was away I had a bit of a rediscovery moment with the Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Marlene Midnight and it’s just a beaut, especially with a bit of holiday glow added in. Long lasting and in a deep navy colour that doesn’t look blue blue until you get right up close, it’s my preferred way of nudging some colour into my everyday makeup proceedings.
2. The waterproof mascara that really is waterproof. If there’s one thing that two very humid and hot weeks away this month has taught me, it’s that the Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara really does what it says on the tin. With no flaking, smudging or melting no matter the temperature and with the ability to make my lashes look about three times longer than they are, it has cemented its place in my mascara hall of fame.
3. Clarins After Sun Self Tanning Moisturiser. Anytime that I’ve exited the country for warmer climates in the past four years, this has come with me. With a scent that conjures up imagines of sun, sea and sand, a texture that instantly absorbs and with a tanning element that helps us English roses to look like we’ve actually been away – it’s my go-to aftersun.
4. Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley. Big love to Carrie who gave this to me at mine and Lily’s Picnic. I finally got round to reading it while I was on holiday and instantly regretted not taking my trainers with me because man did this make me want to go out and run. If you’re lacking in motivation, here’s where you’ll find it.
5. Fashercise – even just by the name I’m sold. Workout wear that looks too good to get sweaty in, it’s my new favourite place to shop and dose up on fitness inspiration. When they hosted a pop-up in Boxpark I stocked up on a shedload of Lexie Sport bits and right now I’m eyeing up the Lexie Sport Diana Shorts to complete my collection. How good do they look?!