It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder. Never have I had a £6.45 bronzer make me so happy. From the deep terracotta that gives a warmth that is oh-so-natural to the cheeks, to the blush side that I only wish was slightly bigger (my only niggle with this compact), I’ve fallen head over heels for this 2-in-1. Sure, swept over the cheeks in one all encompassing swirl, they good; but when the time is taken to single each side out and apply they look heavenly.
2. Mint without the chips. Summer has well and truly arrived on my fingertips and I’m back on the pastel hued green train. Essie Mint Candy Apple and Absolutely Shore, Butter LONDON’s Fiver and Bourjois’ Turquoise Block have all got a look in, but for now I’m sticking to the well-worn Red Carpet Manicure in Parisian Chic. Two scoops please.
3. Beautezine’s June preview. So I’m a bit late to the party with this one, but Beautezine’s coming soon edit has got me a little excited. New Essie shades that look like sunglasses use when sporting them will not be optional. And that MAC/Osbournes collection and new colours of the CHANEL Illusion D’Ombres?! Be still my beating heart.
4. Alexa Chung’s makeup deats. How did this one slip through the next? I’m a regular stalker of Alexa’s Instagram account and a few weeks back at the Glamour Awards she looked particularly even more gorge than usual. Turns out it was the Queen Lisa Eldridge that made her over for the event – of course, now it all makes perfect sense – and Lisa being the babe that she is has divulged the contents of Alexa’s makeup menu for that night. Read on for a interesting move than MAC Morange was used for.
5. Looooooong baths. With thrice-weekly runs becoming a thing of the norm now, not only has my washing basket got more full and my mornings a little earlier, my baths have got even longer than normal and I’m completely ok with that. Let’s just say the Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts have been working overtime and it’s almost time for another re-fill. I’ve quite honestly lost count (and that’s probably a good thing).