It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty, fashion and everything in between from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Gym to Meeting Makeup. I’ve never attempted the workout to outside world transformation before. I always time my sweaty episodes so that I can come home straight after to spruce myself up. But recently I had to go from a spinning session to a meeting in under an hour and I managed to do it (ok, with just like 2 minutes spare), but I was surprised by how little I packed into my bag. Wanna see a post?
2. A 100 Years of Makeup in 1 Minute. How cool is this? 10 makeup looks from the past 10 decades compacted down into a one minute speed-up video. What’s your favourite era? I have to say I’m rather fond of the ’30’s look. The hair? The red lip? Love.
3. Jo Malone Geranium & Verbena. So I’m being a little bit of a tease here as annoyingly this fragrance isn’t reaching counters until March next year, but a few weeks ago I had a preview of the Jo Malone Rock the Ages collection and though this particular one is possibly the most unseasonal scent for right now, I’ve fallen in love. It’s fresh and herby and smells to me like Liz Earle’s Instant Boost Skin Tonic, but in perfume form. One to pop on your shopping lists for next year…
4. I’m Barer of the Driest Lips Ever. And I need your help. A combination of central heating, running outside in the extreme cold and the fact that my retainer makes my lips protrude in a way that I’d been warned could lead to them being a little drier than usual means that my pout is serious chapped. I’ve tried everything – the By Terry’s of the world have helped a little but every morning I’m back to square one – so any recommendations for some seriously dry lips? I’m all ears.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Luxedo. Man I just love this colour. I’d been being a little lazy with nail colour recently, but this week I sat down, did a proper DIY mani from start to finish and lo and behold it stayed chip-free for around five days. See? It’s all in the prep. A deep burgundy red that looks black, I love the formula too. Two coats and you’re done.