It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty, fashion and everything in between from the past seven days. All edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away…
1. The PJ Top That I Don’t Want To Take Off. You may have noticed from my Instagram that I basically wear my ZARA White & Navy Striped Shirt 99% of the time. In fact I just have a bit of striped shirt thing in general going on right now. Even though I’ve closed the doors on my spring wardrobe, there are already a few that I’m eyeing up for summer. Tops that look like PJs – you have my heart.
2. CHANEL Le Vernis in Espadrilles. It’s not often that my Dad compliments me on my nail polish colour, in fact I’m not sure he ever has, but after spotting this shade on my nails he mentioned what a pretty colour it was. Ain’t that nice? And I have to agree. It’s an eye-catching orange-based red that I’ve just lacquered up my toes with too because I love it that much. P.S) It’s out soon as part of the summer collection.
3. Back On The Tan. Lily has been telling me for weeks to try the Bondi Sands LiquidGold Self Tanning Dry Oil, so I gave it a go for the first time last night and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. Despite being an oil, it’s a light formula that sinks into the skin quickly and doesn’t leave any sticky residue behind. I wore it overnight and though I smell a bit of biscuits now, there’s a heavy coconut vibe going on too. I’ll keep testing and report back.
4. Bikini Shopping – HELP? There is only one thing that is worse than jean shopping and that is bikini shopping. GROAN. Basically every single thing on ASOS looks like a tangled fish net with sheer panels and weird straps that are just asking for my muffin top to hang over the side of. Weekday, Monki and Oysho have some nice options but any that I fancy are out of stock in the sizes that I want, so this is a call for help. Anyone have any good bikini recommendations?
5. The Biggest Purchase of All. This past week on a press trip to the south of France with CHANEL, I entered the Cannes boutique and exited with what is easily the biggest purchase of my life so far – a CHANEL Wallet on a Chain or WOC as it’s more widely known (and doesn’t it sound cuter?!). I’m not flashy when it comes to bags, but I have to say that pretty chuffed and at peace with my purchase, Mark is even pretty enamoured with it. I also haven’t taken it off since buying it – what’s the point of having a fancy bag if you don’t wear it, eh? Let me know if you’d like to see a review or a little tour of it perhaps? If not, tell me to zip it and the WOC will never be mentioned again.